Other than ice cream or frozen yogurt, what kind of cold dessert can you serve on the warm and getter hot, evenings? When you’ve had your fill of melons dripping and gelatin jiggling, you want something that is easy to prepare, cool and smoothly refreshing!
How about: Marge’s Frozen Fruit Salad. I haven’t made this in ages … but it was one of our family favorites – partly because it tasted good and partly because we were all crazy about Marge!
Try it soon – betcha your gang will rename it for you!
Marge’s Frozen Fruit Dessert
- 1 16 oz can of your favorite pie filling
- 1 Large container frozen non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1 15 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, well drained ** and / or
- 1 15 oz can fruit cocktail, well drained
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)
Spray a 13×9” pan or line it with foil.
Mix all ingredients together until well blended. Pour into prepared pan and freeze until hard. Serve right out of the pan.
** The pineapple juice makes a quick drink for the cook!