My sister makes this appetizer that has everyone clamoring for more – AND for the recipe! With her permission, I’m sharing it with you because it is really beautiful to look at, simple to make, and really yummy!
The best way to serve it is as a spread with the cream cheese base and the other ingredients layered on top…but, if you are really pressed for time, another alternative is given.
Thanks, Toby! You’re the best!!
Kalamata Olives & Sun-Dried Tomatoes on Cream Cheese
- 20 pitted Kalamata olives finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped, drained, sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 1 tbsp. oil from sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp. cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 medium garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- Additional fresh basil leaves, if desired
- 40 assorted crackers
In small bowl, stir together all ingredients except cream cheese, additional basil leaved and crackers.
To serve, place softened cream cheese on serving platter. Using small metal spatula, spread cream cheese into 8″ round. Spoon olive mixture over cheese. Garnish with basil. Serve with crackers.
For a different look, mix all ingredients together except for the crackers, and serve as an all-in-one spread.