If you are watching TV tonight, you will most likely be watching Election Night coverage on one of the networks and switching to local channels to follow what’s happening in your state and community!
So – whatever your political leanings, here’s our solution….the red and white (with a bit of green, too) Pico de Gallo and Fiesta Chips that are Red, White and Blue (available at Fresh & Easy) or if you can find them, blue corn tortilla chips. Munch away!!!
Pico de Gallo
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup onion chopped, white (or brown or yellow)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and mix. Cover and let stand for about 1 hour for flavors to blend.
Serve with red, white & blue Fiesta chips.