Now that the temps are starting – slowly – to come down, I’m thinking more about warm food. The toaster oven is a perfect place to cook up these golden brown, moist chicken breasts with just a bit of crunchy crust without getting a ‘bready’ feel. If you have a 2 level oven, bake a dessert at the same time.
Arturo’s Baked Chicken
- 2/3 c mayonnaise
- 1/4 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 c seasoned bread crumbs, finely crushed
- 1-1/2 tsp. seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. granulated garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. Coleman’s mustard
- 1/2 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Preheat oven to 375. Spray a baking dish large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer.
In a medium sized bowl, mix all ingredients except chicken until blended. Coat top and sides of the chicken with the mayonnaise mixture and place in prepared baking dish. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until deep golden brown and juices run clear when chicken is pierced.