These cute little Pizza Bagels are hearty, 2 bite snacks. They’re easy to prepare in advance or just before kickoff; great to have on hand in the freezer whenever the gang gets hungry. So easy to make, even the kids can help.This recipe can be doubled easily (I actually cut it in half!) so make a lot of them and don’t keep score on how many they eat!
- 3 oz. grated cheddar cheese (or mixed Colby-Cheddar)
- 1 4oz. can chopped black olives
- 1 tsp. spaghetti sauce seasoning
- 1-1/2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1/2 small jar pimentos, chopped or 1 oz. roasted red peppers (in oil), minced
- 1 doz. mini bagels, sliced in half crosswise
Combine all ingredients EXCEPT mini bagels in a bowl until well mixed. Spread about 1 Tbsp. or so on each half bagel. If you have extra, you can make more or add more to each one.
Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts and is bubbly. Makes 24
A Tip from the Toque: These can be made and baked in advance and frozen. Defrost and reheat in the oven for 5-10 minutes, just until warmed through. Or, freeze before baking, then defrost and bake before serving.