24 kt means solid gold and that’s what these sweet and spicy carrots are. An easy to make-ahead gem that is as good as gold!. You can’t get better than 24 kt.
24 Karat Carrots
- 1 can 15 oz. sliced carrots, drained or 16 oz. frozen, defrosted and drained
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. salad oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cups cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp. Coleman’s dry mustard
- 1 can 16 oz. tomato soup
In large bowl, place drained carrots, onion slices and bell pepper. Set aside.
Combine all ingredients remaining ingredients in heavy saucepan. Over medium heat, bring to a boil. Pour over vegetables while still hot. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
These can be served hot (just reheat over low heat until warmed through) or cold and make a great side to just about everything. Great for potlucks and BBQs too!
Serves 6 but can be easily doubled.