We call this Sunset Pork because who eats this sweet & tangy Chinese dinner for breakfast? For an easy Chinese dinner at home instead of take-out, try this recipe. Delicious with your favorite fried rice or plain, brown rice.
Sunset Sweet ‘n Sour Pork
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, in juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce (reduced sodium OK)
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes (more if you like it spicier)
- 1 lb. boneless pork loin
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 large cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, pressed (or 1 tsp. ground ginger)
- 1 yellow onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 2 medium carrots, slivered
- 1 red or green bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 cups sugar peas
Drain pineapple and reserve 3 Tbsp. juice (drink the rest!). Mix reserved juice with water, soy sauce, cornstarch, vinegar and red pepper flakes and set aside.
Cut pork in strips. Heat oil in skillet; brown pork strips. Add garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute. Stir sauce and add to skillet; add onion, carrots, pepper and peas. Mix and cook until sauce boils and bubbles. Makes 4 servings.