I always keep puff pastry in the freezer. It comes in sheets, large patty shells for stuffing and tiny patty shells perfect for filling with finger food. (Find the mini Athens Brand at Walmart!) Use the Shrimp stuffing from the Shrimp Stuffed Artichokes or you can make this recipe up to 2 days ahead and fill the cups just before kick off.
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or cheddar-jack)
- 1/2 cup whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 pkgs. (3 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp. ground red chilies
- 2 – 3 medium green onions, sliced
- 1-1/2 to 2 tsp. chili powder
- 20 pre-baked mini fillo shells or unbaked puff pastry cups **
Mix cheddar cheese, corn and cream cheese and ground, red chilies until smooth. You can refrigerate at this point up to 48 hours.
When ready to stuff cups, sprinkle a bit of chili powder in the bottom of each cup. Slice the green onions and add to the bottom of each cup. Put spoonfuls of filling in each cup and dust top with additional chili powder if desired.
** Or use about 20 cherry tomatoes or tomatillos. Just cut a very thin slice off the bottom so they stand up straight; remove center with melon scraper or spoon and proceed to stuff.