Drinking a beer and eating nachos is pretty traditional at football games, even while watching at home. Here’s your chance to combine the beer IN the nachos! The beer gives the chicken extra flavor so you can cheer your team on to victory. This recipe can easily be doubled for a larger crowd!
Nachos with Chicken & Beer
- 4 oz tortilla chips (about 24 chips)
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 jalapeno peppers, *seeded and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 skinless, boneless, chicken breasts, cooked & chopped
- 1 14 oz can Mexican-style diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. chopped black olives
Preheat oven to 350. Place chips in 13″ x 9″ baking pan and set aside.
Spray large, non-stick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. add onion, peppers, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken, tomatoes and beer. Simmer until all liquid is absorbed.
Spoon chicken-tomato mixture over chips; top with cheese and olives. Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
TIP: Jalapeno peppers can irritate your skin and eyes. Use rubber or plastic gloves when seeding and chopping peppers, then wash gloves and your hands thoroughly with soap and water.