Setting up an assembly line of ingredients makes these Chicken in Foil packets a breeze to make and serve. Clean up is a snap, too, if you choose to serve right out of the packet. (Just be careful when you eat them that you don’t cut through and eat the foil!) Check out the slideshow to see how each step looks. You can make a packet for each person and vary the ingredients to everyone’s personal taste…but the basics are the same with the instant rice, the soup and the chicken.
“Curses, Foiled Again!”
- Cut 12″ x 12″ square of aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray
- Place 1/4 c. instant brown rice in center of foil
- Top with 2Tbl. cream of mushroom soup
- Add sliced mushrooms
- Season both sides of skinless, boneless chicken breast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, cumin and paprika
- Place chicken breast on top of mushrooms
- Top with 2 more Tbl. cream of mushroom soup
- Optional slice of yellow or purple onion and paprika
- Bring together two sides of the foil and foldover the edge
- Bring up the two open sides and crimp
Bake in a preheated 350 oven on baking sheet for 30-35 min.
Mexican variation: In place of the soup use salsa and season the chicken with chipotle chili powder. Italian variation: Spaghetti sauce with Italian herbs.