Going to a pot luck or BBQ or having one at home for Labor Day weekend? Feeding a big gang of hungry swimmers? This is recipe is easy to make a day or two before and is full of color and flavor. Just toss everything into a bowl and chill. It makes enough to feed a Texas-sized crowd. So ring that dinner gong and watch them line up!
- 5 15 ounce cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 16 ounce bottle of Wish Bone ‘Robosto’ or Italian Salad dressing
- 1 large jar diced pimentos
- 1 diced green bell peppers (or combination of green, yellow & red)
- 1 bunch sliced green onions
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
Combine all ingredients in large bowl and mix well. Let sit, covered, in refrigerator overnight. Can be made 24 hours in advance.