Mushroom-Almond Crusted Salmon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature but not melted
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, minced
- 3 Tbsp. sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley, minced
- 4-6 salmon steaks, each 3/4 to 1 inch thick
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Paprika or fresh parsley for garnish
Stir softened butter until smooth and fluffy. Add lemon zest and juice and mix until well blended. Gradually add mushrooms and parsley until blended then stir in almonds. Set aside.
Arrange salmon steaks on a COLD broiler pan. Place broiler pan in UNHEATED broiler, 3 to 5 inches from the heat source for 12 to 15 minutes until salmon flakes easily (do not overcook and do not turn or baste salmon). Remove pan from broiler. Divide mushroom almond mixture into 4-6 sections (1 for each salmon steak) and completely top each salmon steak with the mushroom almond mixture. Return to broiler until butter is melted and topping is brown and crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes (watch so it doesn’t burn).
Serve sizzling hot garnished with lemon wedges either plain, or edged with paprika or minced parsley. Serves 4-6.